Opening an eCommerce store requires an inventory or service of some kind to sell. Getting enough merchandise together to open a store that can attract the attention of buyers on the Internet could take quite an investment. However, methods exist that eliminates the need for physically holding merchandise to sell on the eCommerce website. Using Drop Shipping methods to sell inventory could be quite the lucrative experience.
Drop shipping is when a website owner uses inventory supplied by a third-party company to sell on his or her own site. It is a way to get an eCommerce website up quickly and with little money. Here is how it fits together:
Try Swagbucks, the famous rewards program that pays you for watching videos, taking surveys, shopping and more.
- A website owner signs up with a drop ship company.
- Using the merchandise available with the drop ship company, the owner posts those items to sell on his or her own website.
- When a customer purchases an item on the website, the owner purchases the corresponding item from the drop shipper.
- Using the customer’s address, the drop shipper sends the item using the website owner’s return business address.
Although, it may sound like a lot of work, it’s actually quite simple. The eCommerce website owner buys what items he or she needs as they sell to customers.
How Is Drop Shipping Ideal For Some eCommerce Websites?
1. No Inventory – Instead of requiring a warehouse to store the items one is selling online, there is no need for shelving or space. This could greatly reduce the costs of overhead for running an eCommerce website.
2. No Investment Costs – Most drop shipping companies are free to use as they make their money from the eCommerce website owner. All one would need in order to be a success is an eCommerce capable website. Using a hosting provider such as HostGator.com and a free CMS for eCommerce such as PrestaShops, the entire investment should be around $120 per year and the time to develop the site.
3. Home Office – With time, someone could develop a robust and merchandise filled website from the comfort of their own home. Customers would have no idea that the website owner could be working in his or her pajamas from a home office. If it seems ridiculous, it happens more often than one may think.
4. Variety of Items – There are a lot of successful drop ship companies on the Internet that have access to thousands of brands, types, and colors. A website developed using a specific niche can be easily accomplished using these companies.
5. More than One – A single drop ship company may have some good items for the eCommerce website owner to post. However, there is nothing to stop someone from using several drop ship companies in order to develop a more diverse collection of goods. As long as a tracking method is in place so the eCommerce owner knows what item is sold from where, an expanding list of Inventory can be acquired.
If you have to only sign up for one paid survey site to make money with, I recommend Ipsos-iSay. Ipsos is the most fun and well-paying panel. Give it a try to see how you like it. It is free anyway!
Drop shippers provide a way for beginning eCommerce businesses to make money without investing thousands of dollars into inventory and shipping supplies. All the eCommerce site owner has to worry about is purchasing the correct item and customer support. For those who don’t have a lot of money to get started with making money online, the drop ship method is one that could help get the ball rolling.
Guest post by Jack Meyers, a regular contributor for www.nannybackgroundcheck.com. As a detective he wants to spread the knowledge of terrible things that can happen when people don’t fully verify the credentials of a caregiver or any employee. He also writes for various law enforcement blogs and sites.